Sunday, July 21, 2013

Iftar At Kelantan Delights, Wisma Consplant

For someone who doesn't fast, (the last time I did it was in college, in 1981, under orders), I sure have been attending a lot of Ramadan buffets, much to the detriment of the waistline.  There's always such a cheery atmosphere at these buffets, more so than in the normal ones.

So when Pure Glutton asked if I would like to attend yet another, to be honest, I was hesitant.  But she tantalized by saying, "oh, this one the food sure very good one".  My interest was piqued. Anyway, I accepted the invitation and was pleasantly surprised to find out it was for KELANTAN DELIGHTS.  Time really flies, if you click on the link, you'd see that I was there in November 2011.  I've always been partial to East Coast offerings, both from Kelantan and Terengganu.  I love the nasi dagangs from both states, (differentiated by the color), and while budu may not be my thing, all the other stuff, yummy. 

They have a team of 30 chefs working on their Ramadhan Buffet and Head Chef Muslim Sadli, a 25 year old from Kelantan has a very dedicated young and energetic team working with him to produce only the best quality food using the best quality ingredients.

Available at both their Wisma Consplant and Sooka Sentral outlets, the menu comprises:


Live Hawker Style stalls - Satay, Ikan Bakar, Kerang Bakar, Char Kuey Teow, Keropok Lekor, Cucur Badak and more.

Children's Corner - Dedicated buffet spread specially for the kids with nuggets, sausages, fried rice and ice cream on offer. Children's cutleries are also available for their use.  (I saw a note stating that Ice Cream was for CHILDREN ONLY)

Kelantan Corner - Our specialities are of course our Nasi Kerabu, Nasi Dagang, Laksam and Gulai Kawah.


Kerabu & ulam-ulaman - a wide range of traditional malay kerabu and ulam-ulaman are on offer daily.

Desserts - more than 30 kinds of Malay & Kelantanese desserts are on offer daily too.

The inimitable Kelantan Nasi Dagang.  I love that they place a sample plate at each station, for those who "don't know how to eat".

These promise to warm the cockles of your heart.  My favourite

The melding of cultures, the indispensable Char Kueh Teow. 

I love the Laksam. It's a thick white coconutty broth, not pedas, but can be if you add the sambals to embellish the heat.  

There's also an assam laksa stall.  Our only grouse is that the soup isn't piping hot. 

A gorgeous array of Kerabus, that were gone before the Azan call, so I sadly didn't get to try any, although I was eyeing this.  For some reason, the replenishment for this particular station seemed a bit delayed.


Lala in coconut milk.
Ulams for the healthy
Salted Fish In Clay Urns
More Ulam.


Obviously a Chef who loves his job.




I loved the gulai kawah (bottom right)..the beef is tender and flavourful.
RM109 nett (VIP seats), inside seating and includes table service for drinks and food from the live stalls. Perfect for entertaining or special occasions.

RM69 nett (Bazaar) @ Subang Jaya

RM59 nett (Standard) @ Sooka Sentral

Facebook link is www.facebook.com/kelantandelights

Kelantan Delights
Ground Floor, East Wing
Wisma Consplant 1
No.2 Jalan SS16/4
Subang Jaya
Tel: 03-5590-2753

2 comments:

KY said...

the gulai really looks good, but what I really miss is their tomyam!

Ciki said...

I missed this... NOOooooooo!!!