Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 11 Zespri ® Kiwi Challenge - Tea Time With Kiwi Tea Kawan-ah!

Ripe kiwis are really very sweet, and its unique texture makes it so versatile.  The firmer kiwis also have their own uses.  But the last surviving kiwis from the original batch we received are obviously very ripe by now, so I could not make the original recipe I wanted to make, (although the new shipment of fruit has arrived at press time)...

Anyway, what better way to have mid morning tea, (my apologies, Muslim friends, I realise it's Ramadan, and we shouldn't be shoving food shots into your faces), than with a scone, clotted cream, butter, AND some crushed ripe kiwi fruit in place of jam. 


Eating the fruit in its natural form means all the vitamins (and remember, it's twice that of one orange), and nutrients (equal to five apples), are intact.  So no point making it into a jam, and cooking it, and KILLING off all the vitamins, and nutrients, like some people did, HERE.

So have some KIWI -TEA-KAWAN-AH! (I hope I don't have to explain who I am referring to).

Meanwhile, do read the kiwiless tribute to me, by my arch nemesis.  As we are from a different era, I have no idea what song she's referring to.  Nevertheless, since this IS a sparring match, I am obliged to reply.

So since her bowel movements have been so err...Poopular,

Sung to the Tune of "I CAN'T FIGHT THIS FEELING" by REO Speedwagon

She can't fight this feeling any longer.
And yet she's still afraid to let it flow.
What started out as friendship,
Has grown stronger.
She only wish she had the strength to let it flow

She tells herself that she  can't hold out forever.
I said there is no reason for her fears.
Cause she feels so insecure as competitor,
Yet it gives her life direction,
It made her bowels oh so clear.

And even as she wonders,
What to blog about at night,
There's a kiwi in the window,
In the fridge, and in the light,

And she's getting closer than she ever thought she might.

And she can't fight this feeling anymore.
She's forgotten what she started fighting for (it's for RM300 prize money la),
It's time to bring this ship into the shore,
And throw away the oars, forever.

Check out zespri website at www.zespri.com.my

2 comments:

Ciki said...

and throw away the toilet paper.. foreverrrrr :P hehe!

The Glorious Nemesis said...

So punny la, this post! Kiwi-tea-kawan ah! hahaha! etcetera etcetera etcetera....

By the way, my kiwi, apple, lemongrass and chilli jam is outta this world, ok. On the basis of your argument, no need to eat any jams la liddat. Chis bedebah najis masyarakat!