Monday, May 06, 2013

Revisiting Nosh, And Wowed By Their Splendid Dessert Selection.

I cannot believe it's been six months since they opened...I have since been back and was again swoonified by their Valrhona Platter which is literally chocolate heaven, and I would not bestow such accolade on many establishments.  But ingredients are everything, and it seems to be the philosophy of owners Ann Lee & Judith, so, half the battle is won.

Recently, Ann asked me to come over to sample their new dessert menu, but yelling and screaming and throwing a hissy dramatic protest, I could not make it due to a prior commitment, but she graciously offered me ANOTHER opportunity to come and sample the new menu, so yay, I did not miss out.  And boy, I was glad I didn't. 

 photo IMG_3944-001_zps7eca320e.jpg
For starters, a smoked salmon salad.  Very healthy, I suppose, all that leafy greens, and smoked salmon, (was a bit on the salty side to me, but I duly gave my feedback), with a tangy olive oil based dressing. 

 photo IMG_3946-001_zps2178f7a2.jpg
Yummy lamb and sweet potato gnocchi.  The use of sweet potato instead of normal potato I felt was a fabulous idea, cos it didnt feel as "carby", (you know how carbs are the evil du jour of the the world these days, poor carbs.  Bet you a few years down the line, they'll discover that proteins are actually the evil ones), nor was it lamby.  I find my tolerance for all things ovine deteriorating with age, so it was pleasantly surprisingly palatable.  But hey, if you are a sheep fan, go for this....

 photo IMG_3952-001_zps87327ebf.jpg
Potato risotto with beef bacon.  Lovely crunchy bacon bits (albeit kosher) paired with the soft risotto, a good combination. 

 photo IMG_3958-001_zps3f8b3651.jpg
Someone had ordered this pretty coffee drink...that sounds so amateur, coffee drink, but I think it must have been a cappuccino.  Lovely artwork, which after a sip, kinda resembled a sexy lady's bottom if you ask me.

 photo IMG_3962-001_zps094c5ebc.jpg
Got resemblance? Or is my mind just warped. 

 photo IMG_3961-001_zps2dfc3b75.jpg
Isn't she beauteous? Chocolate orange.  Layers of jaffa flavoured cake and ganache, orange and chocolate really must have been a couple in a previous life. 

 photo IMG_3964-001_zpse6c6c7fd.jpg

 photo IMG_3970-001_zps6e1ab8ae.jpg
Earl Grey Creme Brulee - The wonderful bitterness of earl grey tea complements the caramelized sugar topping.  Silky eggy creme brulee that just slides down your throat

 photo IMG_3977-001_zps4e28702e.jpg
Creme au chocolat with a hint of strawberry mousse, the tang vs the sweet.  Again, I stress, their ingredients are excellent, so really, paired with the creative flavours, it is really very very good.  Oh, and wait till you hear the fabulous deal they offer.  Read on...

 photo IMG_3990-001_zps1d62f99c.jpg
Coconut Panna Cotta ...such an elegant looking dessert, if it was an actress it would be like Audrey Hepburn.  Distinct coconut taste, so if you like coconut, this would be great for you.  I found it to be a bit on the sweet side, probably with the syrup.

 photo IMG_3996-001_zpsee059a53.jpg
For some reason, this reminds me of a shaggy dog, or a soft toy.  But actually, it was one of my favourites.  Sweet potato azuki gateaux.  I LOVE AZUKI, and I'm not talking about large red kidney beans that cheats use in their ice kacang these days.  Azuki, or the equivalent of our hong tou, red beans, lovingly boiled and cooked into a paste.  It was a dark day when Haagen Daz stopped that line of flavour in Malaysia.  So yeah, azuki, green tea cake, and sweet potato.  That reminds me, I better head over to Nosh pronto to have this again. 

 photo IMG_4001-001_zps92e71eeb.jpg
Walnut Tiramisu, contains alcohol.  No complaints, not wow, but tiramisu is a comfort dessert, and this version is definitely in a class above the usual stuff you get elsewhere. 

 photo IMG_4005-001_zps92a2d119.jpg

 photo IMG_4007-001_zps33ec2b58.jpg
Strawberry Cheesecake, because I think people like familiar.  Offer them too many new novel things, they go mad.  Not to mention, it IS a very photogenic cake. 

 photo IMG_4010-001_zps7f41354c.jpg
Ooh, ooh, my other favourite.   Deconstructed lemon and peach tart.  Sorry, I am gonna have to make this myself at home once your offer is over.  I just love it.  Lemon curd, cream, crumbly tart bits, peaches, and crispy filo pastry.  So so good.  The variety of textures and flavours, simply amazing. 

 photo IMG_4013-001_zpsada6402f.jpg
 Blackforest pavlova.  Contains alcohol.  I'll be honest, not my thing.  Not a pavlova fan.  Too airy.  Like a blonde. 

 photo IMG_4017-001_zps4cec4b05.jpg
Apple Cinnamon Cake - I likey.  Solid cake, chunks of apple, moist and lovely. 

 photo IMG_4019-001_zpsce23ea5f.jpg

 photo IMG_4020-001_zpsf327e90f.jpg
Here's the fabulous deal. 
RM19 for 2 desserts
RM29 for 3 desserts
RM39 for 4 desserts
RM43 for 5 desserts.
SERIOUSLY, DAMNNNNN GOOD VALUE!!!!!

 photo IMG_4022-001_zps6c5661b2.jpg

 photo IMG_4028-001_zps7aef1420.jpg
We were given some homemade ice cream to try, but since it's not on the regular menu, it's no point torturing readers by telling them what they can't have.  Needless to say, it was superb.

 photo IMG_4032-001_zps69e83ccc.jpg
Second round of coconut panna cotta for some who missed out.

 photo IMG_4034-001_zpsc2217f81.jpg

The very affable Chef Joe, executive chef at Nosh.

 photo IMG_4035-001_zps0e38cbcb.jpg

NOSH
No 7 Jalan Telawi 3
Bangsar Baru
59100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603-22013548

1 comment:

Ciki said...

great shots ahpa.. the Sweet potato azuki gateaux.. wow!! :D