Monday, September 21, 2009

My Nourishment, Issue 4

Am pleased to announce that Issue 4 of My Nourishment is now out in print. This time round, our very own Queen of the DSLR, Awhiffoflemongrass, has showcased her brilliant photographs, and is featured as FOOD PHOTOGRAPHER.

Kinda like a festive issue, covering Raya and Deepavali, this issue has an array of DELICIOUS recipes. Chef Devagi, the Spice Queen of Singapore, gave us a sample of her apricot chutney, (recipe in the magazine) which was ABSSSSOLUTELY DIVINE. Chef Ismail shares his childhood raya memories, ahem, interviewed by yours truly.









Chef Esa, handsome celebrity chef, features his recipes, including delectable nasi tomato, nasi dagang, etc.

SELAMAT HARI RAYA to all Muslim readers.

Announcement: Fatboybakes will be away from 22nd Sept to 2nd October. However, I have bought a new phone with WIFI capabilities, so I shall only be a click away.

13 comments:

GFAD said...

FairyBodBaker*, you are just a click away.. :D

Happy Holidays with the entire brood ah.

*inspired by Shrek's Fairy Godmother - happiness is just a teardrop away..

Julian Si said...

You guys are SUPERSTARS lah, especially Miss Thambi :-)

Hugs from the middle east .. Happy Eid!!

Thambee said...

happy hols! wll tweet ya!

qwazymonkey said...

Haha! My friends are all megastars I tell ya!

Flower said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flower said...

Wah so famous lah sekarang Chef Ismail. I remember that I used to buy a lot of western food for lunch from his little stall in Central Market Kl, Cha Cha Loco. I remembered once, he add a new dish on his menu and asked me how was it. It was Nasi Goreng Ikan Masin and I told him its as good as my mom's nasi goreng. It was a long time ago.

As for the Raya, it might not be as meriah as back home, but it still can be as enjoyable here in Perth. My kiddies managed to collect some duit raya too, beside the normal goodies bag. I think its a trend to give goodies bag to kids here.

How was your hari raya?

Kenny Mah said...

Sweet! FBB and LL's talents being showcased - More we say, more! :D

P.S. Happy Hols!

Rebecca Saw said...

Happy holidays!!!
Take lots of pics and eat loads of food and drink loads of coffee ;p

Eh..now got WIFI phone dii?? Oh no..FBB gettin more wired-up now! Will u be tweeting 24/7 and posting pics as soon as u take 'em??

HairyBerry said...

congrats, AWOL! u da superbomb, u are! :) wei, why never tell me u in the mag ar? hmmphhh...

have a great holiday, fbb! congrats on the new phone. i bet u bring it with u to your throne (re a message i read somewhere..hehe).

Ciki said...

SHUPASTARS! bow bow.. luscious lemongrass and baker boy.. how cool;)

thule a.k.a leo said...

Selamat Hari Raya! Maaf Zahir dan Batin!!!

boo_licious said...

Got my copy tday at Times. Pixs look very good but I wasn't sure which ones were LL's though.

Jasmine said...

Hehe.. have you seen this? :)

http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/09/butt-shaped-mooncakes-for-the-mid-autumn-fest.html